In this episode, we dig into a research paper titled “Modeling the Transfer of Training Effects on Performance in Elite Triathletes.”
The purpose of the study was to evaluate the transfers of the training influences in swimming, cycling, and running on the performances in these disciplines and overall triathlon performance.
This episode takes the science and breaks it down for you in an easy-to-understand fashion!
Millet, et al. Modeling the Transfer of Training Effects on Performance in Elite Triathletes. Int J Sports Med 2002; 23-53-63
Questions from the Q&A Session:
- Setting your FTP in Training Peaks
- Using heart rate with a power meter
- Arranging multiple workouts in a day
- Speed on an indoor trainer vs. riding outside
- Gearing and hitting goal power outputs
- Setting the incline of a treadmill to simulate running outside
- Bike fitting
- Bike saddles
- Swimming with a pull buoy and snorkel
If you enjoyed the show, please subscribe in iTunes, give us 5-stars and write us a review! This helps us standout from the crowd and helps get people the information and entertainment they need.
Subscribe and Review: https://esofire.com/itunes/
Apps mentioned in the interview:
The Coaching Mentorship Program 2.0
The Coaching Mentorship Program by Endurance Sports University has been completely revamped; from the instructors to the curriculum to the fashion in which it’s delivered.
The Coaching Mentorship Program is the EXACT program that any coach, regardless of experience level, who wants to increase their skillset as a coach or simply wants to transition from owning a job to owning a business.
Our instructor staff is full of USA Triathlon certified coaches with well over 75-years of triathlon racing and coaching experience. The staff includes a USA Triathlon Level 3 coach, 3x USA Triathlon Level 2 coaches, 4x USA Triathlon Youth and Junior Certified coaches as well as 4x USA Triathlon High Performance Team head coaches.
You can find all of the details at http://coachmentorship.com.
Business I Academy
The Business Academy is designed specifically for current and/or aspiring endurance sports coaches who want to learn how to start, develop and/or grow a sustainable business. The academy provides attendees with the lessons and “done-for-you” tools that will build a business capable of providing the resources to live the lives of their dreams.
The complete Business Academy consists of fifty seven (57) separate lessons, therefore, it has been divided into two (2) separate parts: Coaching I and Coaching II.
The Business I Academy provides the education and “done-for-you” tools that are required to solidify the foundation of any business.
The Business Academy I includes thirty four (34) lessons on topics that include:
- Fundamentals of business (core values, mission statement, purpose statement, vision and goal-setting)
- Sales system (A1 Sales System) which is proven, simple and works
- Marketing basics with proven strategies and “done-for-you” campaigns
- Finance basics and tools to know, track and understand your numbers
We will be hosting our first Business I Academy as a live event in Tempe, AZ from April 22-24, 2016. We are also in the process of finalizing a second Business I Academy in San Diego, CA from May 20-22, 2016. For more information or to register, visit http://coachmentorship.com/events/.
Youth/Junior Triathlon I Academy
The Youth and Junior Academy provides attendees with the lessons and “done-for-you” tools that will teach them the basics and/or advanced theories, strategies and exercise science behind working with youth and junior athletes. Attendees will also learn how to start, develop and or grow a youth and junior team, club or program.
The academy is designed for adults who are:
- USAT Certified Coach
- USAT Youth and Junior Certified Coach
- Aspiring youth/junior coaches
- Parents who want to understand how to work with their children
- Parents who want to start a youth/junior team, club or program
- Triathlon clubs that want to add a youth/junior team to their existing club
The complete Youth and Junior Academy consists of fifty (50) separate lessons, therefore, it has been divided into two (2) separate parts: Youth/Junior I and Youth/Junior II.
The Youth/Junior I Academy provides the education and “done-for-you” tools that are required to safely and effectively work with youth and junior athletes.
The Youth/Junior Academy I include twenty three (23) lessons on topics that include:
- Youth/junior triathlon structure and opportunities
- Program fundamentals (core values, mission and purpose)
- Youth/junior specific business models
- Working with parents
- Exercise science specific to youth/junior athletes
- Funding a youth/junior program (marketing, sponsors and strategic alliances)
We will be hosting our first Youth/Junior Triathlon I Academy as a live event in Tempe, AZ from April 22-24, 2016. We are also in the process of finalizing a second Youth/Junior Triathlon I Academy in San Diego, CA from May 20-22, 2016. For more information or to register, visit http://coachmentorship.com/events/.
Coaches Mastermind Group
Come join us for a FREE weekly call for coaches and small business owners! It’s starts off with a 15-20 minute presentation on the tactics, techniques and procedures to get your business moving forward in a faster and more efficient manner! The remainder of the hour is an open Q&A session. Register for the next call at: http://endurancesportsuniversity.com/cmg/ or text “MASTERMIND” to 44222!
Infusionsoft is the only all-in-one sales and marketing automation software for small businesses that combines CRM (customer relationship management), email marketing and e-commerce.
As part of the Endurance Sports on FIRE! community, we are really happy to have partnered up with Infusionsoft to assist you in achieving your small business goals. We are really pleased to offer you an opportunity to use Infusionsoft, as well as earn some really sweet extras from Endurance Sports on FIRE! that value over $1000!
If you contact us and setup your free Infusionsoft demo through Endurance Sports on FIRE!, and then sign up for their service, we will include the following:
• Infusionsoft Road Map for Endurance Sports Coaches ($500 value)
• Two (2) free 50 minute business coaching calls with me ($200 value)
• One (1) free month of the Silver level of the Endurance Sports University “Coaching Mentorship Program” ($300 value)
Head over to http://esofire.com/Infusionsoft, you can find all of the details and the $1000 in special bonuses we are offering if you sign up for Infusionsoft!